1. Monthly test and inspect garage door and opener for proper functionality. This includes any safety features.
2. Yearly vacuum dryer vent hose, if your hose is plastic replace it immediately (fire hazard). Rigid sheet metal duct is optimal.
3. Replace furnace filters quarterly or as recommended by manufacturer.
4. Monthly test all GFCI outlet. Press the test button and use a voltage tester to make sure the device has become de-energized.
5. Seasonally clean leaves and debris from your central air condensing unit.
6. Yearly vacuum the coils under the refrigerator.
7. Have the fireplace chimney inspected and cleaned annually.
8. Annually inspect window and door caulking and weather stripping.
9. Annually replace batteries in smoke detectors. Don’t forget that even hardwired smoke detectors may have a battery back up.